Ele'mentor
Adventures and Lessons in Mentoring New Teachers

Goal 1: Me Manifesto #30Goals

January 30th 2012 in 30 Goals, Lessons from Reflection

I must admit … I’m SO EXCITED!  Last year, when I discovered Shelly Terrell, her website “Teacher Reboot Camp,” and her #30Goals initiative, I felt like that was exactly what I needed to REBOOT.  So … here we go again … #30Goals in 2012!

My Manifesto

I believe that all students deserve the opportunity to pursue a future via a variety of options – college, career technical education, and/or vocational apprenticeships.

I believe that all students should be taught in a manner that respects their readiness level, interest, and learning style.

I believe that students should be provided with an education that will prepare them for a global society that treasures problem-solving, creative and critical thinking, and technology.

I believe that all new teachers should be provided with the support needed to meet the educational and professional needs that impact student learning.

I believe that all schools, teachers, and students should have access to the technology necessary to prepare themselves for ethical citizenship in the future.

I hope that my role as a mentor helps teachers fulfill their obligations in the profession, in the classroom, and in their personal lives.

If my dreams were to come true, I would like to see all our students become life-long learners, citizens in a free society, a society that promotes liberty and freedom for all.

If my dreams were to come true, our students would lead the future with scientific endeavors, impressive inventions, and positive words that inspire others to be the best that they can be.

This is My Manifesto.

Other Manifestos you should check out …

2 comments to...
“Goal 1: Me Manifesto #30Goals”

Tyson Seburn

I like it! Plus, almost all of your sentences include three-part parallelism. ;)

Sylvia Ellison

Thank you! I was inspired by yours and others. I always seem to get behind the curve. I hope to catch up soon. Thanks for the feedback … I do love myself some parallelism. :-)

required

required - won't be displayed

Your Comment:

Although my days are filled to the brim with conferences, observations, and paperwork, I have spent a great deal of time reflecting on my practice, my job, and my passions.  As I was walking from classroom to classroom, I started to think of the word “inspiration.”  Who inspires me? What inspires me? How does that [...]

Previous Entry

Today, as I was reading this goal, I thought about a question I was asked recently … “If you were to walk away from this job, what is the greatest experience you would take with you?”  (Of course, I am now paraphrasing :-)

Even though Shelly is talking about teaching – and I have so [...]

Next Entry

The Elements
January 2012
S M T W T F S
« Nov   Feb »
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031  
Follow me on your mobile device …
qrcode
Ele’mentor Subscribers – Free!
Ele’Mentor Subscribe by Email – Free!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

International Edubloggers Directory
21st Century Teacher
Classroom Freebies Too
Classroom Freebies Too
Teaching Pin Addict
Pin Addict
Visitors
Past Ele’mentor Thoughts
Mentors Unite
Reading Goal

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Sylvia has read 0 books toward her goal of 15 books.
hide
Currently Reading
#gr_updates_widget{ -webkit-border-radius: 5px; -moz-border-radius: 5px; border-radius: 5px; background-color:#fff; border:solid #683205 10px; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 4px 1px #595959, inset 0px 0px 0px 1px #7D730B; -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 4px 1px #595959, inset 0px 0px 0px 1px #7D730B; box-shadow: 0px 0px 4px 1px #595959, inset 0px 0px 0px 1px #7D730B; padding:15px 0 35px 15px; width:250px; height:330px; } #gr_footer{ margin-bottom:10px; } #gr_updates_widget p{ padding:0px; margin:0; font-size:14px; } #gr_footer img{ width:100px; float:left; } #gr_updates_widget img{ border-style:none; }