The Versatile Blogger Award

Cathy from Reflect & Refine: Building a Learning Community has honored me with “The Versatile Blogger Award.”  I am flattered and humbled by this acknowledgement, since I began blogging not for honors but for my own reflection and professional sharing.  So, to receive this award, I would first like to thank Cathy for choosing my blog.  Please take some time visit her blog – as the co-host of #pb10for10 each August, her contributions to the profession of education are inspiring.

After accepting this honor there are some things we are requested to do:
1. Thank the person (people) who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
2. Share 7 things about you.
3. Pass this award along to 15 other blogs that you have discovered.

7 Things about me …

1.  Wife of 17 years and mother or 4.  I know this is 2, but they are so related since I couldn’t do my job without either of them (or any of them depending on your perspective).

2.  This begins my 15th year of teaching … private school, home school, and public school, primarily in high school, and in the past year as a full-release mentor, supporting brand new teachers.

3.  I love reading – all kinds of books, depending on my mood.

4.  I enjoys crafts.  My sister is a consultant with Stampin’ Up, so we create lots of cards and cute gifts for my new teachers as well as my children’s teachers.

5.  In previous years, I have been a musical performer — singing praise/worship for a service of 1500 people, recording on a praise/worship album, and leading worship for women’s retreats.  Although I don’t perform now (focusing instead on my family), I do enjoy excellent music in a variety of styles.

6. I am addicted to information.  (You’ll have to read one of my previous blogs where I share some favorite posts.)

7.  Diversity makes me curious!  When I see differences among people, I want to know more.  I love asking questions and learning new information.

15 Blogs that have I have discovered … (at least I hope so 🙂 … I think after you visit them, you will truly understand why I believe they deserve the award more than I do. 🙂

1.  Megan at … Middle School 101

2. Ian at … A Teacher’s Thoughts:  Reflections on Teaching, Education, and Technology

3. Mary at … Mary Biever | One Writing Mother

4. Tom at … Tom Schimmer | Learning – Leadership – Life

5. David at … The Language Garden

6. Conni at … Mrs. Mama Hen | Army Life, Homeschooling, Cooking, and Everything Else in Between

7.  Holly at … Three-Sided Wheel | Wheeling Through Life … Rolling With The Punches

8. Lee Ann at … Portable Teacher

9. Edna at … WhatEdSaid

10. Jeff at … Molehills Out of Mountains

11. CA and KK at … When Tech Met Ed

12. Eric at … A Principal’s Reflections

13. Lyn at … The Principal’s Posts

14. Lauralee at … Switching Classrooms | every room is a classroom

15. Vicki at … Cool Cat Teacher Blog

There are so many wonderful blogs.  These blogs are just a few of the blogs I read regularly for a variety of information … thus Versatile Blogger Award winners.

8 thoughts on “The Versatile Blogger Award

1. You are so welcome. Yes … please grab the button and add it to your blog. Then you get the wonderful opportunity to award to 15 others. 🙂 Just follow the steps as I did. Enjoy!

2. You are so very welcome. I truly enjoy your blog and am drawn to it often. Keep inspiring us with your nuggets of wisdom. 🙂

3. You’re welcome. I hope you are enjoying mine as much as I enjoy reading yours. 🙂