Cathy from Reflect & Refine: Building a Learning Community has honored me with “The Versatile Blogger Award.” I am flattered and humbled by this acknowledgement, since I began blogging not for honors but for my own reflection and professional sharing. So, to receive this award, I would first like to thank Cathy for choosing my blog. Please take some time visit her blog – as the co-host of #pb10for10 each August, her contributions to the profession of education are inspiring.
After accepting this honor there are some things we are requested to do:
1. Thank the person (people) who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
2. Share 7 things about you.
3. Pass this award along to 15 other blogs that you have discovered.
7 Things about me …
1. Wife of 17 years and mother or 4. I know this is 2, but they are so related since I couldn’t do my job without either of them (or any of them depending on your perspective).
2. This begins my 15th year of teaching … private school, home school, and public school, primarily in high school, and in the past year as a full-release mentor, supporting brand new teachers.
3. I love reading – all kinds of books, depending on my mood.
4. I enjoys crafts. My sister is a consultant with Stampin’ Up, so we create lots of cards and cute gifts for my new teachers as well as my children’s teachers.
5. In previous years, I have been a musical performer — singing praise/worship for a service of 1500 people, recording on a praise/worship album, and leading worship for women’s retreats. Although I don’t perform now (focusing instead on my family), I do enjoy excellent music in a variety of styles.
6. I am addicted to information. (You’ll have to read one of my previous blogs where I share some favorite posts.)
7. Diversity makes me curious! When I see differences among people, I want to know more. I love asking questions and learning new information.
15 Blogs that have I have discovered … (at least I hope so 🙂 … I think after you visit them, you will truly understand why I believe they deserve the award more than I do. 🙂
1. Megan at … Middle School 101
3. Mary at … Mary Biever | One Writing Mother
4. Tom at … Tom Schimmer | Learning – Leadership – Life
5. David at … The Language Garden
8. Lee Ann at … Portable Teacher
9. Edna at … WhatEdSaid
10. Jeff at … Molehills Out of Mountains
11. CA and KK at … When Tech Met Ed
12. Eric at … A Principal’s Reflections
13. Lyn at … The Principal’s Posts
14. Lauralee at … Switching Classrooms | every room is a classroom
15. Vicki at … Cool Cat Teacher Blog
There are so many wonderful blogs. These blogs are just a few of the blogs I read regularly for a variety of information … thus Versatile Blogger Award winners.